For skin rejuvenation there is a wide variety of options, from nonablative skin
tightening, to fully ablative skin resurfacing. So, how do you know what to choose?
As you know, you must treat your skin daily with the right skincare ingredients to
stimulate collagen production, increase natural exfoliation and protection. For your
best skin, having a deeper skin rejuvenation treatment 2-4 times a year will help to
keep your skin healthier and prevent aging.
There are a wide variety of options for skin rejuvenation and anti-aging. Many of these options can treat multiple concerns at once. Choose based on your goals, downtime or healing time tolerability, and budget. Do you need deep wrinkle improvement with a fully ablative resurfacing, or do you only need skin brightening with a light laser or chemical peel? Or are you somewhere in the middle?
Some considerations may be as follows:
- Do you need deep wrinkle improvement, or just overall skin brightening? Make sure you choose a treatment that will treat the depth you need.
- Do you need treatment of discolorations (redness or brown spots)? Make sure the treatment you choose can actually treat the problem you have.
- Do you want one treatment with significant downtime, or would you prefer a series of treatments with no downtime?
- What is your budget?
- Does your skin tone need an overhaul, or do you need lifting with volume replacement?
- Did you consider that the result you want may not be achievable with a skin rejuvenation treatment? Many times, people’s goals are more in line with what can be achieved with dermal fillers or injectables. And it is important to know the difference!
To understand what the different treatment options are, I am going to refer to them based on the depth of penetration into the skin.
- Superficial treatments will encourage mild collagen stimulation and improve pores, radiance and brightening of your skin. These will also help minimize brown discoloration but not with redness. These treatments include chemical peels (ViPeel), Micropen Microneedling and Nano laser peel. All of these will have peeling skin for 4-7 days after treatment.
- Medium depth treatments will encourage deeper collagen stimulation and improvement of red and brown discolorations. BBL Photofacial and Aerolase are great treatments with no downtime for pore reduction, anti-aging and erasing red and brown discolorations. Halo Laser is one of my favorite treatments for wrinkle reduction, skin tightening, melasma and treatment of photodamage. At Skin Appeal, we always include BBL complimentary with Halo Laser to enhance the results.
- Deep treatments will encourage the most collagen and elastin stimulation for more dramatic skin tightening and wrinkle reduction. These treatments include RF and US with our Exilis Ultra and Vivace RF Microneedle combination Lift Treatment to tighten and lift the skin. The lift treatment involves having 3 treatments, 1 per month with no downtime. Another deep treatment is Neogen Nitrogen Plasma Resurfacing. This has replaced the old-fashioned CO2 or deep laser resurfacing treatments due to less pain and downtime. Neogen deeply remodels the collagen and elastin layer for skin tightening and wrinkle reduction, but expect 7 days of peeling skin post treatment. BBL is included with Neogen as a complimentary enhancement.
- Combination Treatments have been shown to give you 5-fold results over just 1 treatment. Some combinations that I love are Micropen + PRP, Aerolase + Vipeel, BBL + Micropen, BBl + Halo or Neogen, or for the Ultimate skin rejuvenation choose the Lift treatment + BBL + Halo or Neogen.
The largest contraindication for skin rejuvenation treatments is noncompliance to an everyday skincare routine. END OF STORY.
Don’t waste your money on any of these procedures, if you are not committed to doing your daily skincare for maintenance. Otherwise, your skin will revert back to the same problems that you are trying to get rid of within a couple months. At Skin Appeal, we make this easy with our 90-day Challenge Packages. These packages offer you a 20% discount to ensure you get everything you need to watch your skin transform in 90 days. In our 90-day Challenge you receive:
- Treatment or treatments of your choice. Remember combination treatments often give 5 times more result.
- Mikel Kristi Skincare Collection: Core, Melasma or Acne
- SPF: Colorescience or Elta MD
- Mikel Kristi Signature Facial for skin maintenance
Are you ready for healthier, more radiant skin? Call Skin Appeal today to schedule your treatment or complimentary consultation. 520-261-SKIN (7546).